Shopping Hotline: (+27) 12 369 – 9999
PURPOSE ADHESIVE 2L
Please Confirm stock availability before placing your other. Thank you!
Instructions: Vinyl, Tile, and Carpet adhesive
- Ensure that the screed is sound, dry and dirt free.
- The screed temperature should not be lower than 12°C.
- Rough, uneven or pitted screeds should be repaired first.
- A screed moisture test should be conducted to ensure that moisture content is within the parameters set by the SABS, which is 3%.
- Relative humidity should not exceed 70%
Do not dilute this product. Always use the correct trowel. Do not wash the floor within 10 days of laying. Stir before use. Anti-fungal treated.3-5m²/litre.
Application – Conventional method
- Spread Multi-Purpose evenly over the area with the right trowel(*) ensuring that no lumps of adhesive are formed. The optimal area in one spread is 30m².
- Do not lay the vinyl or carpets in wet adhesive!
- Test the adhesive by pressing it lightly with one finger. The adhesive is dry enough if no adhesive transfers to the finger. This is called the “Thumb test”.
- Lay the Tile or sheet on the adhesive and position before any pressure is exerted on the tile.
- Roll with the correct roller (as specified in the SABS report on flooring installation) to ensure that no trowel marks remain.
Application – “Double-drop” method
- This method only works on the sheeting.
- Roll the sheet out into position.
- Fold the sheet halfway back to expose the substrate.
- Spread Multi-Purpose onto the substrate with a notched trowel.
- Roll the sheet back into the wet adhesive.
- Roll with the SABS recommended roller.
- Fold the same half of the sheet back again and leave until adhesive is “Thumb-test” dry.
- After the adhesive is “Thumb dry” the sheet can be rolled back onto the adhesive and rolled with the correct roller. (3 stages 68kg roller).
- Repeat for the other half of the sheet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.