Shopping Hotline: (+27) 12 369 – 9999
UV-TREATED WATER REPELLENT
Bahamas Outdoor Canvas – Stripped – 150cm
Canvas is a plain-woven fabric typically made out of cotton and, to a lesser extent, linen. Canvas fabric is known for being durable, sturdy, and heavy-duty. By blending cotton with synthetic fibers, the canvas can become water resistant or even waterproof, making it a great outdoor fabric.
Canvas is an incredibly versatile fabric, and it has many uses from fashion to sailing to home décor.
Here are some of its most popular functions:
- Sails: Sails on boats were originally made from canvas though today, most sails are made out of synthetic sailcloth.
- Tents: The heavy-duty canvas is great for building shelters, and it is a popular material for tents and other camping supplies.
- Bags: Canvas is a popular material for use in bags, from tote bags to backpacks. Canvas is durable, and water-resistant, making canvas bags great for everyday use.
- Shoes: Canvas is both flexible and durable, making it great for footwear. Converse sneakers and Tom’s espadrilles are both examples of canvas shoes.
- Coverings: Many industries, including the military and construction, use waterproof canvas fabric as a cover for everything from boats to doorways.
- Clothing: Jackets and outdoor wear are often made from canvas. The durable and water-resistant qualities made it great for camping and sailing gear as well.
- Furniture. Canvas is used to upholster furniture because its strength and durability lend themselves well to repeated use.
We have made our best effort in attempting to represent colors in the product images available accurately, however, variations in color may be present due to the monitor used by the customer